Unlock your creative potential
and thrive as a photographer
Ready to expand your skills, transform your business, and get
reinspired to do the work that lights you up?Try the Academy FREE for 3 days!
Tired of trying to do this photography thing on your own?
+ Do you feel stuck in a rut with your business, no matter how hard you hustle?
+ Are you getting caught in the comparison game, wishing you could stand out and develop your unique brand, voice, and style?
+ Have you found yourself struggling to book your ideal clients, and settling for bargain hunters who don’t understand your value?
+ Do you get overwhelmed just thinking about all the things you’re “supposed” to do in your business... and freeze up before you can take your next step?
Seriously, WOW. You have provided an unbelievable amount of information for photographers, on such an easy to use and organized platform. All of the lessons within the course are amazing, useful, and so overly informative for ANY photographer-- new or experienced! You could watch the course over and over again and probably learn something new every time, there's just that much information to take in. The editing videos are so helpful and really walk you through what Lightroom can do and what each tool is capable of, which especially as a beginner photographer is incredibly helpful and often times looked over-- but even as an experienced photographer, it's never too late to learn it all! And then it's so fun that you brought on other photographers as speakers throughout your course!! I think it keeps it fun, interesting, and diverse-- learning from multiple different photographers on one platform! They're so fun to listen to! Worth every penny if you're looking to get a variety of information!
What if running a photography business could be different?
- Consistently booking dream clients who truly value you and your work
- Feeling confident engaging your audience, interacting with clients, and posing couples – all in your own authentic style
- Having clear systems and a team in place so you can actually close your computer at the end of the day
- Being able to trust yourself when you’re shooting and editing, because you’re a total pro at this
- Documenting inspiring people and places on the regular… and pinching yourself that this is your full-time job
- Having the freedom and financial stability to scale your business, go on vacations, and add a side of guac when you want it
Now imagine this
- Having simple and reliable guides to running a photography business, so you never have to waste hours Googling advice from so-called “experts” again
- Finding your tribe – a community of like-minded photographers who genuinely want to grow together and build you up
- Mastering your skills and having all the tools you need in your back pocket, so you can focus on living into your purpose and doing the creative work you were meant to do
WOW. I think every photographer looking for one place for all inclusive education experience needs to be a part of this. I’m so impressed with how Dawn has addressed so many of the nitty gritty details that us as photographers have to learn when we start our businesses. She’s covered everything from where to start and set up your business, finances, camera settings, marketing, pricing... the list just goes on. You won’t be disappointed.
- Anni Graham
Introducing the new all-in-one solution to thriving as a professional photographer..
Rise Photo Academy
The comprehensive online membership that teaches you how to build a successful, sustainable photography business AND grow the work you love to a whole new level.
I’m Dawn Charles, an Oregon-based intimate wedding and elopement photographer with...
100+ weddings under my belt and 17,000+ digital products sold, and I’ve been named as one of the top 100 wedding photographers in the world.
But it wasn’t always like this.
I spent my first few years of business struggling to figure everything out on my own...
- Getting overwhelmed by the financial and business side of things
- Worrying my clients would never take me seriously
- Checking my bank account to make sure I could go out to dinner
- Feeling the huge pressure to capture my clients’ wedding days without screwing up
- Juggling a million responsibilities and struggling to stay organized
- Trying to appeal to anyone and everyone… and hiding my real personality
When I stopped struggling to figure it all out on my own, I was finally free to focus on the aspects of my photography business I loved the most.
+ I started attracting clients who would pay me $8,000 to shoot their wedding...
+ My instagram following skyrocketed to more than 54K...
+ I scaled my business to hundreds of thousands of dollars a year...
+ all while getting married, raising two little kids, and doing work I truly love.
I thought being a photographer would be as simple as setting up my website and taking pretty photos – but building a brand and business turned out to be so much more complicated.
I poured WAY too many hours into trial and error over the years… but eventually I realized I could only get so far hustling on my own.
So, I started investing in my own education and streamlining my systems. I hired a team of people who could help me grow my business further than I ever could have on my own.
I showed up authentically online and built a community of like-minded clients and creatives.
I started betting on myself and giving my business the support it deserved.
And here’s what I found...
School of Wedding Photography 100 Best Photographers in the World: 2018
Flothemes Best Lightroom Presets for Photographers
Photobug Best Wedding Photography Conferences + Workshops to Attend in 2018
Featured on Martha Stewart Weddings, Buzzfeed, Style Me Pretty, Junebug, Green Wedding Shoes, Design Aglow, Flothemes & more.
Finding my crew changed my life as a photographer, and I want the same for you.
Instead of stressing over your bank account… you can buy a house, save for retirement, and have money left over to travel and treat friends to dinner.
Instead of trying to fit a mold and be a photographer for everyone... you can be the perfect photographer for your ideal clients.
Instead of juggling a million tasks and staring at a never-ending to-do list… you can end your workday early and let your team and systems take care of the rest.
HERE'S THE THING
Photography can be the most incredible career.
It’s rewarding to use your gifts to help people document their meaningful moments.
It’s freeing to create your own schedule, do work that inspires you, and have enough time and energy to enjoy your life outside of work.
Sometimes I can’t believe this is my full-time job.
And I want you to feel the same freedom, satisfaction, and excitement in your business.
I want to help you fulfill your creative potential and make a meaningful living as a photographer.
I want to help you find your voice and stand out in this crowded industry so you can build a legacy documenting the people and places that inspire you.
I want to help you pave your own way and create a sustainable income so you can embrace all the freedom this life has to offer.
"Dawn’s academy is an industry game changer! RISE allows you to learn at your own pace and will give you confidence in every area of your craft. I highly recommend the program to anyone committed to growing their brand and expanding their skill set."
Welcome to the new all-in-one solution to thriving as a professional photographer...
Rise Photo Academy
It covers everything you need to know to book your dream clients, shoot and edit like a pro, stay organized, and take your business to the next level.Start your free 3-day trial!
THIS IS IT.
Your complete roadmap to the photography brand, business, and life you’ve been searching for.
Tired of those overpriced, fluffed-up courses that only cover a topic or two and leave you to figure out the rest on your own?
Yeah, me too! That’s exactly why I created the Academy...
You’ll get access to an ever-growing library of practical, self-paced educational content – and a collaborative community of creative professionals who are eager to help you grow… all at a super affordable monthly rate of $67/ month! BUT! You can get started today for free with a three-day free trial!
Exclusive monthly Q&As with me
+ Bring your struggles and I’ll dish out my best advice to help you take reach the next level.
+ Steal all my secrets to master shooting and editing, productivity, client management, Instagram growth, and more!
The private Rise Photo Academy community
+ Connect with like-minded photographers who are eager to build each other up
+ Get feedback and advice from seasoned pros in real time
+ Find encouragement and support so you never have to feel like you’re on your own
DAWN FREAKING CHARLES. WOWOWOW, you can see right off the bat how much you've put into this. Seriously mind blown at all this content.
It's amazing to see that someone who I look up to and consider successful cares about me and wants to see me and others thrive. Rise has not only helped me grow and has empowered my business but it's also made me realize how much work goes into our businesses and it's given me a sec to say "i'm proud of me." Anyways, thanks so much for putting this out there. You've helped more than you'll ever know.
Wondering what you'll learn in Rise Photo Academy?
Let’s take a look inside.
1. Build & Manage
Implement the strategies that will sustain your business for the long-haul
- How to Turn Your Photography Hobby into a Successful Business
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Shooting Your First Wedding
- HoneyBook : Setting Up Templates, Onboarding Clients, and Sending Contracts and Invoices
And coming soon…
- Client Workflows: My Step-by-Step Systems from Inquiry to Delivery
- How to Set Yourself Up Legally and Financially with Michael Hendricks
- Calculating Travel Costs
2. Master Your Craft
Nail the shot, perfect your edits, and confidently deliver images your clients love.
- The Complete Guide to Camera Settings
- The ULTIMATE Photo Editing Course: My best Lightroom secrets and shortcuts for nailing color and tone, adding effects, and transforming your photos
And coming soon…
- The Posing Course: How to prompt clients to evoke genuine emotion, create the flow of a shoot, and make clients look and feel comfortable
- Shooting & Lighting
- What's Inside My Bag (and How I Use It)
3. Stand Out
Develop your voice, brand, and style – and kiss the comparison game goodbye
- How to Craft Engaging Captions for Instagram
- How to Convey You’re Worth Your Price
- Elevating Your Instagram with Dawn Jarvis
- How to Create a Personal Relationship with Your Followers with Evie Rupp
- How to Start Booking Elopement and Destination Work with Anni Graham
- Enhancing Client Experience with Emily Magers
- Strategically Planning an Effective Instagram Feed
- Diversity v. Tokenism with Erica Marlene
And coming soon…
- All Things Branding with Morgan Brewer of Studio Antheia
- Tips to Upgrade The Copy On Your Website with Kelsey O'Halloran
- The Power of Marketing with Max Sadik
4. Streamline & Scale
Take your business to the next level, without sacrificing your time or your freedom
- The Value of Outsourcing
- How I Use HoneyBook to Manage my Clients and Bookings
- The ULTIMATE Workflow & Backup Course
- Productivity Hacks with Hannah Murphy
- Effective and Organized Emailing
And coming soon…
- How to Set up Systems in HoneyBook
Who is the Academy not for?
- You’re totally content with where your business is right now and you don’t want anything to change
- You already know everything about growing and scaling a photography business so, you don’t need education that could help you go further faster, or a community of like-minded pros by your side
- You don’t really care about photography and the thought of cultivating your skills for a hobby or a business isn’t exciting to you.
Who is the Academy for?
1. You’re a photographer or aspiring photographer who’s eager to grow whether this is your hobby, your side hustle, or your full-time job, you’re always down to sharpen your skills
2. You’re inspired by documenting real, meaningful moments and whatever you’re capturing – weddings, portraits, nature, classic cars – you want to do it to the best of your ability
3. You believe we weren’t meant to do this alone and you’re ready to meet your business besties and learn alongside an incredible community of creativesYou just read my mind!
"Dawn is a goddess of photography and everything related. She knows her crap as an educator, and I’m blown away by this academy. This is a GOLDMINE of education and the price is a freaking STEALLLL. Seriously, RUN DON’T WALK.
Evelyn Grace Photograaphy
Still not 100% sure about the Academy?
Let’s talk about what’s on your mind...
How does the free 3-day trial work?
“Will I even have time to keep up with the content?”
“Am I too experienced (or too inexperienced) for this?”
“Is this going to be worth it for my business?”
Here’s why you can trust that the Academy will help you thrive as a photographer:
+ I’ve grown my photography business from a side hustle to a six-figure empire without compromising my work or my values.
+ I have a college degree in photography and more than 12 years of experience under my belt and my presets, tools, and educational resources are used and loved by thousands of photographers.
+ I’ve mentored and taught hundreds of photographers from around the world and I’m still booking elopement and wedding shoots with my dream clients.
But you don’t have to just take my word for it...
You’re wise to have a lot of questions before you dive in, so here’s what other photographers are saying:
"I LOVE everything I’ve watched so far."
I learned so many things from the editing course that I didn’t know that I’ve felt like has really helped take my editing to the next level. I also have my first wedding in photographing coming up so watching your step by step guide has helped prepare me so much and I don’t feel as nervous! I also love that you keep adding things, the education doesn’t stop when you finish all the modules.
“WOW. I think every photographer looking for one place for all inclusive education experience needs to be a part of this.”
I’m so impressed with how Dawn has addressed so many of the nitty gritty details that us as photographers have to learn when we start our businesses. She’s covered everything from where to start and set up your business, finances, camera settings, marketing, pricing... the list just goes on. You won’t be disappointed.
- Anni Graham
“I absolutely adore Rise.”
It’s so easy to navigate! I am really bad at staying focused with long videos but you are SO good at keeping the videos exactly what they need to be so I’m informed but still entertained so they’re fun to watch.
AND I love being able to meet other photographers through the Facebook chat, I’ve met so many friends already!!! It feels so uniting.
Thank you Dawn. You really have no idea how much I look up to you and love all your work and all you do.
- Tyler Newcomb
What can you expect after you sign up?
Grow your skills and your business; With all the tools you need to thrive as a photographer, you’ll be ready to use your gifts to make a living and build a business that lights you up.
1. Receive instant access to ALL the content
You can dive into more than a dozen exclusive trainings and expert interviews right away.
2. Watch, learn & connect
You’ll be free to learn at your own pace and get to know other photographers in the community as you go.
3. Get a brand new training or interview every month
You’ll receive email updates every time I add new content.
I truly believe the Academy is going to change the game for you and your business…
so, here’s your 100% risk-free guarantee:
Try the RISE Academy completely free for 3 days! If you don't love it, deactivate your account at any time during your trial.
Otherwise, stick around and dive into the Academy some more! If at some point, you aren't completely satisfied with what you’ve learned, email me and I’ll send you a FULL REFUND of your latest payment.
You deserve to feel confident about investing in your skills and your business, so I’ve gotchu!You just read my mind!
Have questions about the Academy?
I’ve got answers for you!
How long do you plan to make this available?
Forever! While there’s always a chance this could change in the future, one of the purposes behind the Academy is to give you long-term resources for every stage of your business, so I have no plans to ever take it down.
Can I pay monthly?
Of course! You can sign up for just $67/month. But if you do choose to pay annually, you can save $240/year!
Will the price go up later on?
Nope, not for you! When you sign up for the Academy, you’ll lock in your monthly or yearly rate for the life of your membership, even if the price increases for new members in the future.
Can I view the content on my phone?
Definitely! All the courses, interviews, and Q&A sessions are easy to access from your phone or computer.
How do I get access to the content?
At checkout, you will be asked to choose a username + password and upon completing checkout you will be automatically redirected straight into the academy and can begin learning right away!
Is the content physical or digital?
The content is digital, but if you prefer to have a hard copy to reference, you’re welcome to print out the supplemental PDFs that will be available with some of the courses.
How long will I have to access the content?
You can access all the content for as long as you’re a paying member!
How much experience do I need to have to join?
None! The Academy includes a variety of courses designed to benefit anyone from a hobbyist to an experienced professional. And I break down all the information so it’s super digestible and easy to understand no matter where you’re at in your photography journey.
I wish I’d had access to all these courses, interviews, and community members when I was first starting out – it would have saved me from hours of Googling and years of struggling in my business! And I made sure to include several courses specifically for photographers like you who are just getting started.
How is this different from other workshops, courses, and groups for photographers?
Unlike some courses that cost hundreds (or thousands!) of dollars and only teach on one topic, the Academy covers everything you need to know about running a successful photography business. You’ll be able to learn at your own pace, at a low monthly or yearly rate, and cancel at any time. And even though I have endless tips to share, you’ll also get to hear from dozens of experts both in and outside of the industry, so you can use their expertise to expand your business.
You have a beautiful gift to offer this world.
So, don’t miss this opportunity to unlock your full creative potential. Join Rise Photo Academy today to start bringing your dreams to life!